Green Community Connections
to go to
Contact Dan and Marilyn Brielmann
to see how you can get involved in the
preservation of your local environment.
Here are a few ideas on staying safe on walks and hikes into Nature.
1. Wear long pants tucked into socks.
2. Wear sturdy hiking shoes that protect
ankles and that are comfortable.
3. Use insect protection and after a hike take a
warm shower and comb hair for ticks.
We wash our hiking clothes in case of ticks.
4. Look but don't touch.......some plants
5. Wear sun protection like sunblock and a
hat....long sleeves protect arms. Don't
forget to protect the back of your neck from
6. Wear a mask and respect other peoples
space by staying 6 feet apart. Masks can
also protect you from pollen.
7. Be observant and watch your step to avoid
accidents and to enjoy the sights and sounds
8. Avoid walking thru tall grass. Stick to the
trail. Step lightly on the land.
9. Have fun learning more about Nature and
then become active in preserving and
protecting our environment.
Green Community Connections Walks
by Dan Brielmann of e-Awakening.com
Walks That Took Place